Friday, July 18, 2008

Back in RMI


6-30-08
By Adam Schaefers

I am currently in Jabor. The plane that flies from Majuro to Jaluit was broke so Corey and I had to take a boat. The boat ride was a miserable 22+ hours. I was seasick, throwing up every hour. Corey did OK, but he literally thought we were going to die.

I have now been stuck in Jabor for a week because the stores here were out of food. They thought it would be a bad idea for me to go to Jaluit Jaluit without rice and flour. Today the rice shipment came in so I bought 100 lbs. of rice and a lot of needed misc. items. Now I am ready to go onward.

It has been great to be back here in the islands and so see all the familiar faces. I think the delay here in Jabor has turned out to be a good thing. I was able to spend time with the Revolution Hawaii guys, trying to encourage and build them up. In fact, Kealoha is seriously having a medical emergency. Yesterday we thought he was going to die! He had severe chest pain shooting into his arm and half his body was numb. He could not feel his arm and his whole body was shaking. I was running around everywhere trying to get aspirin, which he wouldn’t take, and to get the doctor. Kealoha was vomiting blood, which means he could have potentially bled to death internally. So the three of us spent the night in this little medical facility where Kealoha was hooked up to an I.V.

This morning Kealoha is still sore and today he will fly to Majuro to get examined at the hospital. Corey will remain in Jabor and I’m going to Jaluit Jaluit ASAP.

Pray for us! We have been praying like crazy.

Yokwe.

No comments: